Gas lamp on the Syke.
Gas lamp on the river side near Bridge Mills.
Gas lamp on Aikrigg Avenue.
Gas lamp on Castle Street.
The gas works were built next to the Kendal to Lancaster canal, with a dedicated wharf where coal could be delivered to the works. The gas works had two holders, one being the reserve supply, with a combined capacity of twenty two thousand cubic feet of gas. In 1849, Kendal Gas Light and Coke Company became known as the Kendal Union Gas and Water Company. The company has long since vanished, as have most of the buildings. The two gas holders have gone, but some stores, offices and workshops still exist on the site just off Park Side road. One piece of the site has been re-located to the Abbot Hall museum. The facade of the meter house, designed by Francis Webster in 1825, was finally moved from the gas works to its new home when the site was cleared in 1984.
The inscription on the head of the facade reads " Ed fumo dare lucem" which means "from smoke let light break out".
There are two gas lamps, both probably original, at Colin Croft in the middle of Kendal.