The Old Bridge
The Old Bridge at Milnthorpe, crosses the river Bela, and lays at the side of the B5282 leading to Sandside and Arnside.
It's likely that it predates the current road bridge by some 50 years. The Old Bridge was built in 1763 by Robert Robinson, a local free mason, and Robert Bindloss, a waller. The bridge cost the grand sum of £90, and replaced a bridge built in 1542, a few yards up the river near a set of steps that lead down to the riverside.
The bridge is now the first access point to Dallam deer park, the route that the road used to follow.